Support for Children and Families
- 2-1-1 Brevard: 2-1-1 Brevard Inc. is a private, not-for-profit organization serving Brevard County, Florida. For more than 40 years, they have operated a telephone-based help line offering crisis intervention and information and referral services, 24 hours a day.
- Sharing Center of Central Brevard: The Central Brevard Sharing Center provides emergency assistance to those in our community who are struggling to obtain life’s most basic needs.
- Friends of Children of Brevard County: Friends of Children funds clothing, beds, bikes, computers, diapers, school supplies, luggage, holiday gifts, duffle bags and other items not provided by government agencies. We also provide these children with some basic opportunities and access to normal childhood activities.
- Eckerd: Services include foster care, adoption, workforce development, aid for the homeless, transitional services for troubled youth, and so much more.
- PAL (Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Charity, Inc./Police Athletic/Activities League) Program: The purpose of the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Charity, Inc./Police Athletic/Activates League is to foster strong relationships between the Sheriff’s Office and the children of Brevard County by providing academic, athletic, and community service activities during high juvenile crime periods of after school, weekends, and during school breaks.
Support for Seniors
- Aging Matters in Brevard: Aging Matters in Brevard is a private not-for-profit organization whose mission is to promote and maintain independence and maximize quality of life for the citizens of Brevard County, particularly the elderly and disabled.
- Department of Elder Affairs: The Department provides most direct services through its Division of Statewide Community-Based Services, which works through the state’s eleven Area Agencies on Aging and local service providers to deliver essential services to a vital segment of the population. The Department also directly administers a wide range of programs, ranging from the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, Office of Public and Professional Guardians, and Communities for a Lifetime to SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) and CARES (Comprehensive Assessment and Review for Long-Term Care Services).
- AARP: AARP in Melbourne is here to help you take on today – and every day. From sharing practical resources like job, health, and financial workshops, to holding fun activities and events, AARP is providing opportunities to connect and help build an even stronger Melbourne.
- Senior Resource Alliance: Senior Resource Alliance (SRA) is your local resource for accessing the many services and programs of the state and federal government, available to senior citizens, their caregivers and family members. SRA also is an objective clearinghouse for information and services offered by local, state and national organizations. We have been serving our community since 1985.
Support for Veterans
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- American Legion
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States (VFW): Post 10131 Cape Canaveral
- Association of the United Stated Army: Space Coast Chapter