This in-progress pocket park is located at 8817 North Atlantic Avenue just north of Anchorage Avenue. The project represents the next step in the N. Atlantic Avenue Streetscape Project. The property was donated to the City in December of 2016 by the owners of the Southgate Mobile Home Park, immediately to the west of the proposed park. The design and layout of this pocket park includes the following:
- Site clearing and grading.
- Removal and treatment of invasive Brazilian Pepper trees.
- Construction of permeable winding walkways and fencing.
- Low impact development (LID) landscaping (native wild flower butterfly garden).
- Installation of site amenities such as, Little Free Library, Little Free Pantry, benches, shade structures, water fountain for both humans and dogs, bicycle facilities, and solar lighting.
- Decorative stamped crosswalk with appropriate pedestrian crossing signage across North Atlantic Avenue.
Estimated completion of Wagner Pocket Park is the end of FY18/19.
Wagner Park will cost $70,000 and will be paid from the General Fund, Mobility Fund and/or the CRA (Funds Budgeted).