It is the mission of Code Enforcement to work in partnership with the citizens of Cape Canaveral to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment.
What We Do
Code Enforcement helps maintain or improve the quality of our community by administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of municipal codes and land use requirements, and by working with residents, neighborhood associations, condominium associations and City departments to educate the community about the various codes.
The Code Enforcement Division enforces regulations related to many things, including:
- Conditions of an existing structure that constitute a clear and present danger to the public
- Building code violations (building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, etc.), including construction or change of occupancy without permits
- International Property Maintenance Code (minimum standards for safe and sanitary housing)
- Zoning ordinance requirements for structures (such as use, location, configuration and size) and land use requirements
- Overgrowth of vegetation
- Swimming pool fences
- Signs, including signs in the public right-of-way, failure to have required permits, illegal banners and snipe signs
- Inoperable vehicles on private property
- Blight on private and public properties (old furniture, car parts, appliances, etc.)
- Lawn parking
- Illegal dumping
Things to know