What We Do
The Community Services Department combines Public Works Services and Community Engagement under one umbrella to better serve residents with one-stop customer service.
Community Services primary duties include:
- Provide and maintain utility services for the general public
- Wastewater collection
- Reclaimed water
- Maintain all City infrastructure, to include City streets and facilities
- Wastewater Reclamation Facility (WRF)
- Maintain, monitor and post on Official City social media channels and the City website
- Implement and evaluate community engagement activities such as City events, programs and meetings and neighborhood/Community partnerships
- Identify and implement opportunities for involvement between the City and its surrounding communities and other local agencies
- Sustainability initiatives including: solar street lights, bat house installations, Little Free Library + Pantry Program, Sea Oat Plantings, ongoing recycling education, Kairos Community Garden, Climate Mayors Coalition, EV Charging stations at City Facilities, Mobi-Mat installations at beach crossovers, we are a 30-year certified Tree City, KBB Litter Quitter program member, Beemat installations, 2nd Generation Baffle Boxes, LEED Silver equivalent City Hall building, Solar Lights at bus stops, Zagster Bike programs, electric and hybrid City fleet additions and stormwater exfiltration projects.
- Cultural Programs diverse interactive experiences that enrich the quality of life for all citizens, educational programs liaison, Community Arts/Heritage Awareness, Historical Research and Library Services.
How can we help?
- Report a Concern
- General questions and requests for reclaimed water
- Waste Pro trash and recycling service
Emergency After Hours