Scholarship Available from the Space Coast League of Cities!
AMOUNT: Up to $2,500 scholarships (to be awarded on September 13, 2021)
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Eligible students must:
- Be a permanent resident of Brevard County
- Be pursuing a declared major in Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Public Administration, Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Urban planning, Environmental Engineering, Leisure Services, (graduate or undergraduate level) or enrolled in the CFLGE Certification in Florida City and County Management at Florida State University.
- Pursuing a skills/trade program in any of the following: Water Distribution, Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators, Building Inspector, Plans Examiner, Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Procurement Officer, IT Support Specialist/Computer Technician, IT Network Administrator/Senior Network Administrator, HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical, Dispatchers, Police Officers, Firefighter/EMTs
- Submit a copy of current voter registration or preregistration.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), officially verified by the school. A legible copy of your GPA printout must accompany your application. A sealed copy may be requested if you are selected for final consideration.
- At least one letter of reference from a faculty member.
Award recipients are determined by rating applicants on the seven elements shown below.
Need or Reason for Wanting Scholarship
Elected and Appointed Leadership Positions
Permanent residency within one of Brevard County’s municipalities:
- Cape Canaveral
- Indian Harbour Beach
- Palm Bay
- Palm Shores
- Cocoa Beach
- Grant - Valkaria
- Melbourne Beach
- Satellite Beach
- Melbourne Village
- West Melbourne
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications must be received by NOON August 6, 2021.