CAPE CANAVERAL LAUNCH PARKING LIMITATIONS
Cape Canaveral — As the Space Coast returns to Human Flight launches, the City of Cape Canaveral acknowledges the limited parking availability for visitors wishing to watch the launch from our City. The launch of SpaceX’s Crew Dragon, the first crewed mission launched from the U.S. since 2011, is currently scheduled for Wednesday, May 27th at 4:33 p.m. from Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center. Backup launch days are May 30 and May 31.
The expected heavy traffic flow in and out of the City will be controlled by the Florida Department of Transportation. Post launch, Eastbound 528 thru traffic will not be allowed to u-turn at George King Boulevard and will instead be directed south on SR A1A to 520 West. Traffic lights on SR A1A will be modified to expedite this flow.
- Visitors should use the traffic app Waze to monitor traffic and be alerted of parking availability. Waze will be continuously updated with county-wide parking availability.
- Parking availability is limited in our City, and all lots are expected to fill up very early in the day; including City Parks, Cherie Down County Park and beach end parking lots.
- On-street parking (in non-designated spaces) is strictly prohibited throughout the City. Violators are subject to fines.
- Visitors are encouraged to utilize public transportation to lessen the traffic: 321transit.com
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in alignment with federal and state guidance to minimize the potential for virus spread: ALL visitors must maintain social distancing and groups of 10 or less.
- It is Sea Turtle season! Beach visitors must leave the beach clean + flat and take their trash home. Fines will be enforced.
- Alternatively, launch viewing is available virtually.
- Launch details and traffic plans are subject to change.