Waste Pro: The Waste Professionals
There is more than meets the eye running the south's premier recycling and solid waste removal service company. On the street every day, thousands of trucks serve hundreds of thousands of customers, collecting and properly disposing of a mountain of recycling and solid waste materials. Behind the scenes we are constantly looking for new ways to be environmentally friendly.
Whether it is innovative small business recycling programs or recycling motor oil through an onboard filtering system, Waste Pro is staying on the cutting edge of innovation and green technology. It takes professional, experienced, hard working and dedicated people, working together, to accomplish this task. We are proud of the job that we do and are proud to service your community.
Please recycle the following:
- Aluminum – Empty cans and aluminum foil.
- Steel and tin cans – Please rinse or remove contents.
- Corrugated cardboard boxes – Please flatten, and either cut down or fold to a size of no more than 4′ X 4′ flattened. Staples and tape do not have to be removed.
- Juice cartons – All drink boxes and milk/juice cartons.
- Magazines – Including catalogs and printed material with glossy pages.
- Mixed paper – Brown paper bags, junk mail, envelopes, copier paper, shredded paper, cardboard egg cartons, paper towel & toilet paper rolls, cereal and shoe boxes.
- Newspapers – Includes all paper that is distributed with or as part of general circulation newspapers.
- Telephone books
- Plastics – With the recycling symbol Recycle #1-2 PET and HDPE containers such as beverage bottles, dishwashing soap bottles, shampoo bottles, plastic milk jugs, and detergent bottles. Please rinse and remove food and other contents. Labels, rings and lids on plastic containers are acceptable.
Item that cannot be recycled:
- Bowling balls
- Christmas lights
- Coat hangers
- Computers, printers or other office equipment
- Electric cords
- Food waste
- Garden hoses
- Glass bottles and cookware/bakeware
- Household items – Cooking pots & pans, toasters, etc.
- Light bulbs (incandescent or fluorescent)
- Plastic bags
- Plastics – Unnumbered or without recycle symbol
- Propane tanks
- Soiled pizza boxes
- Styrofoam – Egg cartons, food containers, or packing material
- Window or auto glass
Helpful Recycling Tips
- Please do NOT place any recyclables in plastic bags.
- Cape Canaveral has single stream recycling, which means all clean recyclables may be placed together loosely in the same bin or cart.
- Separating newspapers is not required.
- If your recycle bin is full, put excess recyclables into brown paper bags.
- Plastic bags and Styrofoam containers can be recycled at local grocery stores with designated recycling bins.
- Fluorescent light bulbs can be recycled at a major home improvement store.
- Place yard waste at curb for the scheduled Monday pick up only. Please use a cart or can for loose cuttings, avoid using plastic bags. Paper yard waste bags are available at local hardware stores.
Did You Know?
- Plastic Bags are NOT recyclable in our single stream curbside pickup.
- They clog the separating system and are the leading contamination issue that cause loads to end up in the landfill. Please do not put recyclables into plastic bags.
- Paper or Plastic? No Thanks!
- Take reusable bags with you every time you go shopping.
Yard Waste Notice
If practical, yard waste collected from residential and commercial lots should be placed in the standard Waste Pro cans. The yard waste may protrude out of the top of the cans as long as Waste Pro employees can maneuver the can to their truck. If the yard waste does not fit in the Waste Pro cans, it should be bundled and placed at the curb and any loose yard waste should be containerized (e.g., leaves and grass clippings).Waste Pro will accept yard waste in other containers such as “store bought cans” as long as they have handles and Waste Pro employees are able to lift the cans safely. The landfill does not accept yard waste in plastic bags. Unbundled piles of yard waste will be subject to a minimum ½ Claw Truck fee of $66.45 per pickup for less than 10 yards or full Claw Truck fee of $132.90 per pickup for more than 10 yards.
Contractors must haul away any vegetation debris they produce and must not leave it in the City’s right-of-way.